Hello from the wild, wild west...

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Whats23mm
still on the production line
Passat model: 06 2.0TDI B6 SE

Hello from the wild, wild west...

Post by Whats23mm »

...otherwise known as The People's Republic of Royal Duchy of Cornwall. A place that apparently never actually became part of England, it's just that the English forgot that it wasn't. :wink:

Having owned a 1.6 TD B3 many years ago which I absolutely loved (before the salt air claimed it), I've just found myself buying an '06 B6 2.0 TDI with a mere 180k on the (new-fangled electronic) clock. It's even the same colour as my old B3. :)

Blimey, they've come on a bit! What was wrong with handbrake levers, then?

I just wanted to say 'Hi' and also a big 'cheers' for the valuable insights gained so far by reading the info others have shared here. ^:)^

I now know where to start looking for the cause of the free massage vibrations (likely driveshafts), and the knowledge gained regarding the oil pump balance shaft means I'll probably never sleep again until I've had the sump off and burned several hundred quid.

If I'd only read a bit more here before buying the B6 I'd probably be driving a Skoda, instead of the towering heap of unnecessary electronic complexity that's sitting outside the house right now. :hyst

So expect a series of stupid questions from me soon - and if I can work out how to use the 'search' function effectively, they might even be original stupid questions.
"I'm sorry, Dave... I'm afraid I can't do that."

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login