new passat owner needing help

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

laticsman
Passat model: b5.5

new passat owner needing help

Post by laticsman »

hi everyone im hoping you guys can help me with my car that i have bought. its the 1.9 tdi highline 130 automatic 2004. the previous owner told me it had the water leaking in the car and that he replaced the tcu.
the problem im getting is i have some lights on the dash i have the airbag light the abs light and the esp light.also sometimes the gear selector display on dash shows all the gears in red and not just the one it is in but this is not all the time .
i used a streetwise obd2 reader to check for codes and it came up with the p0706 code pending.i erased the code only for it to come back. im hoping you guys could tell me any info that could help me to repair this.
i have downloaded the vcds lite software and im waiting for a kkl 409 cable to arrive and i also wanted to know if this cable and software will allow me to remove the airbag light and the abs and esp lights and hopefully remove the p0706 code aswell. i have read that the p0706 code refers to the range park/neutral switch and im wondering if its the switch that needs replacing or maybe the fact that the tcu was replaced because of water and it just needs the code removing with the vcds software.
hope you all can shed some light on these problems and i can get my car back to how it should be and thanks in advance for any and all help.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login