Hi all...noob needing help

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

FunkyTinka
B1
Passat model: 3b6

Hi all...noob needing help

Post by FunkyTinka »

Hi all.

Had my B5.5 (3B6) for three years now and lovin' it. Comfy, cheap to run, cheap to maintain and never let me down once...even though it has 183k on the clock. The engine is solid, smooth and quiet...but the body's a bit...shall we say 'used' looking.....but i love her.
Got a question about the serpentine belt adjuster if anybody can help pls?
Recently had the belt changed and the guy at the garage said the tensioner was on its last legs. Drove her 600miles since that and now i'm getting the squeeling noise now. I've tried looking for a part on tinterweb (as the stealers want £240!!) but they either list all of the available ones or say that the one I have on my car dosnt actually fit my car! I’ve visually inspected it and know what part I need to but when you go into the ‘will it fot my car’ part it says ‘NO!’. Is it possible that the engines can actually have any of the three (possibly 4) listed adjusters?? My engine code is AVF and the one that is fitted on my car is this one here https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/drive-bel ... _t=default. Is there anything I need to particularly look out for when replacing the part.
Any help would be great.
Cheers guys.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login