Hello from South Wales - desperately seeking help

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Webby70
Passat model: B6

Hello from South Wales - desperately seeking help

Post by Webby70 »

Hi all,

I am new to these forums tbh, I usually have a company car and know nothing about repairing them. Recent issues with my wife’s disability has meant her giving up work and as such I have had to change my job now no company car.

I have a 2008 2l tdi auto passat saloon, it is displaying oil sensor garage when starting [ or not ] ... takes several cranks to start if it does. My local garage has had £942 out of me in the last 9 weeks and I no longer trust them.

They have changes the crank shaft sensor, oil level sensor, cam sensor, full service oil change etc and the car is no better than the first day they had it they just say it’s an elimination process. I really couldn’t afford the money I have paid let alone keep paying £££ with no resolution.

When hooked up to a computer running vw software there are no faults showing even after crank fail .... I’m seriously confused any help would be truly appreciated. I’m at the end of my tether and my bank balance is now in overdraft. I need the car to commute and I have no public transport option so please help if you can .

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login