Hello! Newby seeking help

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Rtjs_123
Passat model: B6

Hello! Newby seeking help

Post by Rtjs_123 »

Hi all, Im new to the forum (or any for that matter, this being my first ever post), so fist of all apologies if I break protocol or anything like that. Just point me in the right direction.

I would like your input please. have a 2006 Passat 3c5 variant that is showing (amongst several others) vcds fault codes 01809 and 01810. They are the left and right actuating motors for temperature flaps. Since the faults both registered within 6 seconds from each other two years ago and both ave occurred 254 times since then, its probably not the motors themselves. I do have a continouos clunking/ticking noise ( like what a conventional coffee maker used to sound like) when the ac is on, as if the motors are constantly adjusting.

Any thoughts on what And how i shoul check, repair or replace? I have a lot of enthousiasm but little knowledge of electrics/electronics and obviously a limited buget, hence buying a 10 year old car.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login