Joined 2012, Finally bought a Passat yesterday!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

infradig

Joined 2012, Finally bought a Passat yesterday!

Post by infradig »

Hi all, finally bought my second Passat. It's a 2012 2.0 Tdi estate , 6 speed manual in metallic brown. Not sure what spec as I can't find the logbook slip , but it's pretty basic - no DAB,sat-nav, power boot, folding mirrors, leather etc!
Seems all good mechanically for its 120k miles and I bought it off a bloke who wasn't scared of big service bills, albeit from a local garage not main dealer.
It replaces a Volvo V70 for me , which has been ultra unreliable . I do a lot of miles as an airport taxi driver, typically 80/90000 a year and would like to get 18 months out of the Passat if possible, is that realistic?

First thing is to find some leather- I haven't had a car without it this Century. Do B6 seats fit and do the seats come apart to swap the fronts from electric to poverty diy adjustment like my car? Or, is the wiring already there for front seats, optomistic, I know.

Oh, my first Passat? Probably before most of you were born! I had a W reg 1600 GLS hatch in 1984 and loved it, not sure I'm ever going to love this one- we'll see.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login