Hello

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Simon46
Passat model: B5.5

Hello

Post by Simon46 »

Hello everyone,
Just joined and wanted to say hi.
I've got a B5.5 4motion tdi estate with 287000 miles on it. I've had the car just over a year and looking for tips to keep it going.
The cars got full service history, one previous owner not a taxi, is still on its original clutch/dmf ,exhaust,turbo and all the suspension apart fron the top arms. Engine runs spot on and the cam is like new, never had any work on it apart from cam belts. Been told its not unusual?
It has its problems, hot start issues, cam seal leaking and about 18 poo smart paint jobs that are peeling like the singing detective. Boot light doesn't work due to switch plug corroded on the latch, sometimes won't open either.
The original shocks need changing and the condenser leaks on the joint.
Looks good from a distance, at night, in the rain, if you squint lol.
As for me, I'm 46 and live in Yorkshire. I've got a lovely little 1yr old boy two grown up daughters and swimbo! I'm in a job I hate on sod all money but that's life I guess.
That's about it, so, er, Hi!!
Simon.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login