Hello

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BrenG
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Hello

Post by BrenG »

Hello everybody. Just bought a 2004 tdi (awx) highline estate for my wife. 123 k on the clock, three previous owners and some history and the all important spare key. Gearbox is five speed.

This is a replacement for a vectra 3.0 cdti that decided to consume half a pint of coolant every couple of days. It also struggled to reach 40 mpg and was, sadly,one of those cars that mechanics just would'nt touch because of the complicated engine. I would have had a passat but they were out of budget at the time.

Our passat needs a service and the water pump/timing belt need doing soon. The lock on the rear o/s door is playing up and one of the trims is missing from the roof gutter. Bodywise it has the rusty tailgate which is fairly common.

We chose a passat because my brother bought a 13 month old tdi sport in 2004 that he had for six years - my father took the car on in 2010 and sadly had to dispose of it last year due to gearbox failure - it had the rusty front wings and knackered door locks as well so was beyond economical repair despite only having 139k on the clock. I hope our car is as good.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login