Newbie Hants

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Moto
Passat model: B6

Newbie Hants

Post by Moto »

Hello hello

Currently running a 2007 B6 2.0 140tdi, which is proving to be a bit of a love-hate relationship over the past year but will come back to that in other posts.

Love the pull from low revs, and the effortless motorway performance, hate the tractor like noise coming from under the bonnet when going slowly!

My last diesel was a BMW back in 2009, common rail of course like the next model on from my Passat - a lot quieter....

Oh, and back in 1998 I had a Passat 1.8 turbo (petrol of course) for 4 years, company car. Loved it, my favourite car ever probably.

So the current tractor, I mean Passat, has had plenty of use, one main failure was the in-tank fuel pump which suddenly got very noisy so I popped in a new one before it conked out.

And the other problem is the parking brake, which will have a post all to itself!

Ah, one last thing - the user name is not meant to be a cliche but refers to a non-car related company I worked for!

-Steve

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login