Hello everyone

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Oriskany
B1
Passat model: B5

Hello everyone

Post by Oriskany »

I have bought my first VW Passat and am very pleased with it. It didn't cost much, is green, Automatic and has a 1.8 20v engine. It was registered in 1999 and has completed over 180,000 miles. Normally I would not have bothered at that sort of mileage but it has a full service history and all of the fluids look new - oil, brake fluid, coolant. It also drives very well and feel a bit like a Jaguar X Type but without the 16MPG burden.

Faults? - the passenger door does not lock / unlock automatically - you have to use the handles (not a big deal).
The climate control panel occasionally flashes all of the symbols on switch-on but works most of the time and does cool the air.

Questions? When registering I had to state what model I have but I don't know so just chose B1 - what would a 1999 1.8 auto be?

There is a mineral oil reservoir under the bonnet on the right but no reference is made to it in the book - what does this do?

Apart from that I'm still getting to know the car but nothing negative yet.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login