Another noob - sorry!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lgb1961
Passat model: B7

Another noob - sorry!

Post by lgb1961 »

Hi guys, just signed up.

Should be picking up my first VW on Tuesday(only taken me 35 years!), getting a 64 plate Passat 2.0TDI Exec estate. It's from a dasWelt approved garage, FSH and low mileage, clean inside and out.

Any advice other than the norm regarding good questions to ask or specifics to look for? Took it out at the weekend on motorway and town roads, drove really well, nothing untowards noticeable and everything appears to work. All 4 wheels have been refurbed but steering didn't suggest any hard kerbing, car ran and braked true.

Doubt I'll do much in the way of modding the car it is really just for my rather short daily commute and to give me and SWMBO a more comfortable place to sit when were are out and about, might even encourage us to do it more. I am immediately curious about SatNav updates and using a USB stick for music rather than stream from my phone.

So any advice would be gratefully appreciated, look forward to reading it

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login