Newbie Intro: Hey You Guuuyys!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

SirLoin1992
still on the production line

Newbie Intro: Hey You Guuuyys!

Post by SirLoin1992 »

Hey hey,

Just thought I'd say hi as a new member. Had my Passat B6 estate for 2 years now and bloody love it. Done a few things to it, both mechanical and cosmetic. She has 180k on clock so has needed some TLC!

To say she's coming up to 11 years old with 180k on the clock, she's only got a few cosmetic marks.

The most annoying was the exhaust. I've no idea how the previous owner managed to mishaps the exhaust pipe!

But, this was easily solved by buying some chrome exhaust covers, which I think actually makes the car a whole ton better from the rear.

Today, my Heko wind deflectors arrived, so fitted these straight away (in the office car park. I was to eager to see them on my Passat!).

Mechanically, I've had a fair few things go wrong, which I've shifted fixed. The first main problem I had was the electric parking brake seizing. Ended up replacing the calliper. I've had 3 springs go, a shock absorber and she's in the garage for a new water pump and timing belt tomorrow.

The rear wiper arm also snapped. That was a bleeder to change as the old bolt had seized on. Ended up having to get the hacksaw out!

Luckily, my dad works at Euro Car Parts, so I end up getting all my parts on the cheap!

Hope to speak to you soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login