B8 R line seat problems

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Saddler
Passat model: B8 R Line Estate

B8 R line seat problems

Post by Saddler »

My R Line is just coming up to 12 months old, and I have to admit that from day one I have found the drivers seat to be less than comfortable, despite the 'ergo comfort' name. The right hand side of the seat bolster, which rests against the plastic seat controls pushes into my right buttock, and after half an hour, I start to suffer dead leg syndrome. I thought initially that I have bucket seats but not a bucket shaped bum, but when in the front passenger seat I have no such problems. Last week went back to dealer, who were sympathetic to my problem, and were quite shocked at the tubular steel frame, under the leather upholstery that it pushing through the leading front side of the right bolster.
The dealer has ordered me a complete new seat base, and when it arrive will have it fitted and see if that makes a diffence, fingers crossed.
I did initially think that the seat may soften as it wore in, but has got worse, and now I have spent £32 on a wedge cushion to raise my bum above the seats plastic bits. In my experience, so, the most uncomfortable seat I have ever had. Perhaps I need an ergonomic bum !
Any one else has similar problems?

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login