Hello from the south

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alanbrough
Passat model: B6

Hello from the south

Post by alanbrough »

Hello

I thought it was about time to say hello properly. I have been a around these parts since about the beginning of the year and have done lots of reading (learnt a lot too!) but never posted.

Just so you can all know a bit more about me and my car, I am in Hampshire (near Alton if that means anything to anyone) and I got my Passat estate in January so I can transport the family and the dog around without being too squashed. It is a black 2007 B6 Estate SE Auto (140PD TDI), just done 100k and has a few bonuses:
- Full leather (heated front and back)
- Cruise
- Climate
- Electric tail gate (makes me feel so lazy)

And a few drawbacks:
- Both front and rear parking sensors sometimes get very confused and just beep at me regardless of what is around.
- Pulling away quickly from a standstill with the DSG box is not an option, it seems to take an age to engage.
- Basic stereo so sounds a little lack luster.
- I think the previous owner only ever washed it in an automatic car wash, the swirl marks are something else.

Not done much yet, only lowered it on Eibach springs which has improved it no end, even my wife agrees! Currently on the look out for some new wheels as the standard 16" ones don't look right and probably a remap.

Anyway, sorry I have no pictures at the moment and I am looking forward to getting a bit more involved.

Alan

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login