New to here and VWs

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

proudy202
Passat model: B4 GL

New to here and VWs

Post by proudy202 »

Hi folks,

New here and just picked myself up a daily (I say daily but I car share with 2 others so we alternate each day who drives so will only be doing 5-6k a year) so thought I'd say hello.

I'm not one for having standard cars (never owned one and probably never will :D ) so got myself a tidy 1995 Passat VR6, lowered on some technix(i think) coilovers, and on a set of Rays 3 Piece Split Rims 16x7 Front, 16x8 Rear.

Plans are to give it a full winter service, fix the flashing coolant light (which I've narrowed down to the coolant level sensor in the bubble) and fix the fuel gauge (it only moves to the top of the reserve lines when full tank, then quickly drops to empty) then a small sub and amp install and just keep it running as long as possible.

I opted for an estate for when I go bike riding and needed a daily as my second car isn't very practical, and will now be used for weekends and track days only, not sure if anyone will be fussed, but it's a 1989 Honda CRX with a H2b swap (first known in the uk, basically its a H22 engine from a Prelude mounted to a B series gearbox from an Integra Type R)..it's still got a bit of work to go (the alternator failed before I managed to get it remapped) but with the base map at around 190bhp it is still silly quick..once remapped I should be running 220/230bhp and the car weighs around 950kg!!

Anyway look forward to spending lots of time on here, and using the vast knowledge I'm sure lies within :-P

Cheers
Ash

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login