my first Passat!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

praisethelowered
B6
Passat model: B5

my first Passat!

Post by praisethelowered »

Hello anyone and everyone. I'm now the proud owner of a 1997 1.9 TDi s, or B5 as most people seem to call them. I'm pretty happy with it apart from 1 or 2 minor problems! the first was when I locked it and then couldn't get back in because the drivers door lock broke. I then went over to the passenger side to try that lock and the barrel came out! What are the odds? I had to call the AA to break in which, reassuringly, took quite a while. The car is 11 years old though so I cant moan too much. The second problem I have is ongoing and I would appreciate any advice anyone has. It concerns the air mass meter. I keep losing power (usually when I'm overtaking) and have to pull over, pull the multiplug out and then re-attach it. This fixes it straight away and power is regained. I'm assuming that its a bad connection and is caused by vibration from the engine. Does the air mass meter need replacing or is it the connector/wiring? Any advice would be helpful. Thats all for now hope I haven't bored anyone to tears! Ta ta
Because it makes no attempt to be great... it is therefore extremely great

This topic has 29 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login