Newbie saying Hi

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Big Sky Man

Newbie saying Hi

Post by Big Sky Man »

Evening to everyone. Been looking @ the site from a distance for a while so thought I ought to add my 2p's worth and sign up

I have a 53 plate 130 TDI Sport 4 Motion estate in dark grey metalic. It has the optional chrome roof rails & privacy glass so looks pretty good - IMHO..

A coupel of questions for the forum and any help much apprecaiated

1. What should be the average MPG? I am getting approx 35-36 mpg with 90% motorway driving. A while back I had a TDI sport estate 2WD and I was getting 42-43mpg driving in a similar style.

2. Under accelaration ( out of turnings etc) and on overrun I get clouds of black smoke out the back. When I bought it it I was a bit concerened and had it looked @ by the local VW dealer who siad it was " normal". Having driven behnd a few other Passats of similar age they don't seem to kick out such muck!

3. I siad I would ask 2 questions but a 3rd and I'll get off...
Is it possible to retro fit a cruise control on the RH stalk. Maybe this might help my fuel consumption??

Cheers one and all

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login