First Passat but not first VW

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Vonlard
Passat model: B5

First Passat but not first VW

Post by Vonlard »

Hi all Last week I decided it was time to get a big sensible car so a B5 1.8t Sport was an Ideal choice
I currently also have a mkII scirocco that I modified quite a bit, 2l 8v motor, pollybushed, lowered, big brakes, bbs ect everytime something broke I replaced it with better but it is just not practical as a daily.
A 61 bug that is a long running project, It has all been restored just needs putting back together and a big ida motor built so it can hit the strip.
also in the past I have had 2 mkI golfs, a gls and a gti and a mkIII gl so I am no stranger to a VW
With this one I am not going to mess with as it is a great car, Just tidy it up a bit sort out some dings and build a carputer for it.
So far I have been through and cleaned up the car just got a few bits to sort, new dash vent, arm rest clip.
and already I have pulled out the tape deck and multi changer and replaced it with the bluetooth head unit from the rocco and in an attempt to sort out the hesitation at 3000 rpm cleaned out the tb and cleaned the MAF but it only helped but didn't fix the problem so gonna disconnect the MAF to see if I need a new one.
the previous owner has fitted a K04 but doubt he done the injectors so I will do some research on injectors and replace the pipe between the MAF and turbo then get it remapped and hopefully all should be good. and I can get back to spending my time on the bug.
61 type 1 Gasser,88 Scirocco GTX,99 Passat 1.8t Sport.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login