Greetings.

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

juliobee
Passat model: b6 estate 140 td

Greetings.

Post by juliobee »

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have owned a B6 TDI 140 Sport estate for over a year now which I have found to be generally pleasing to own. Before that I owned a Mondeo TDCI estate which, to my surprise, was the most unreliable car I have ever owned. I was a member of the Mondeo owners' club which was a great help to me in solving the numerous problems I had with that car. That is why I have joined this one although I am hoping not to encounter as many problems with the VW. So far not so bad, only a few annoying glitches.

What's that creak from the front suspension ? VW don't know.
What's that rattle from the driver's door ? VW don't know.
Why does the trip computer go haywire regularly ? Low battery voltage they say. Rubbish I say.
Should it drink a litre of oil every 1000 miles ? Perfectly normal sir. I can live with it.
CD player has eaten my favourite CD. CD player replaced and CD returned by post eventually.
Air bag warning light permanently on. VW do know. Wiring fault. repaired.

Other than that the car has been great. The wife and kids love it. So that's all that matters then. It's not as engaging to drive as the Mondeo or as roomy but on the other hand it feels better built and more solid. The gear change is slick the seats are comfy and the brakes are good. Overall I am a happy Passat owner. I give it 7/10

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login