B6? New Here!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Bi66ie
B3
Passat model: B6

B6? New Here!

Post by Bi66ie »

Hi everyone,
My names Shaz aka Biggie(Bi66ie) I found This site while looking at some US sites.
Didnt realise there were passat owners in the uk that liked modifying!

Anyway.. i have never been into european cars especially VW, i grew up on Japanese Cars and has been a long passion of mine.

First car when i was 17, going back 10 years now was a Honda Civic Vti, been shows and magazines, Then i was forced to sell this as i was going to uni, i had a year break but couldnt let go and used my student loan to buy an Integra Type R and started modifying again against my parents wishes! This was also featured In Banzai magazine. After owning the car for a couple of years i got married and the Mrs wanted me to get rid of the Type R or lose her! so big hearted i am i let the integra go.

The wife wanted me to buy something sensible and four doors as we were planning on having a family...........now you might think this is when i got the Passat but NO....after alot of discussions (me not listening) I turned up in a Subaru Impreza Turbo! she wasnt pleased, but in my defence it was four doors and a saloon!
Anyway a little while later my son turned up and what a great day it was! But this is when i realised i bought the wrong car, couldnt get the pushchair in the boot, car seat wouldnt fit properly in the back, too loud and bumpy, lots of nagging from the wife blah blah and i sold it and reluctantly bought the passat to keep everyone happy!

Ive owned the car for one year now, my son is now 15 months old, alot has changed and surprisingly i have fallen in Love with my passat! Its a Sport 2.0Tdi, its the most comfortable car i have driven and is stacked with gadgets which i love! Now no mods have taken place yet as been busy spending the money on family, the kid the wife and new home but now at a position to start the mods. Nothing over the top but classy and will keep you updated on how i get on. SORRY for long intro but thought you might find interesting how i have come to a car that i love now, would never have bought at one point. Here are some pics..........

Previous cars incase your wondering what kinda mods i May do on the passat....

Thanks for looking and hope to meet some of you soon!

This topic has 28 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login