New in New Forest

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

kiloran
Passat model: B5.5

New in New Forest

Post by kiloran »

Delighted to be back in the VW world after a brief dalliance with a fearsomely unreliable V70.

B5.5 Estate, Tornado Red, Highline, 130 PD. Feels like new even with over 150k on the clock, one former owner and full main dealer history (hate to think how much that cost!)

Feels like an old friend, not least because before the Volvo I had a 130PD Mk4 Golf for 6 years. Prior to that a Mk2 Golf GTI 8v with Passat conversion, and way before that a Mars Red 1.8GTI Mk1 :D

All I need to do is shoe-horn in an aux-input as I want to stay as stock as possible, hoping to use the empty slot below the driver's heated seat control. Single DIN Gamma with separate 6-CD changer in dash so should be easy enough. Oh and sort out a cloudy NSR cluster, and stop the OSF cluster vibrating at idle.

Absolutely loving the Passat, in many ways it handles better than my old Golf, particularly at the front end. And unlike the &*&^^() Volvo everything still works. :esm

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login