Newbie on here looking to buy a Passat B5 or B5.5?

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

Newbie on here looking to buy a Passat B5 or B5.5?

Post by alpenweiss2 »

Hello everyone.

I have just registered as a new user and would like to get some advice about buying a Passat TDI Estate!

Myself and my girlfriend have run VW's for many years, mainly old school models like the Golf Mk2 and currently we own two Mk2 gti's (both 8 valves) and a VW T4 Transporter that is running a professional 1.9 TDI AHU engine conversion.

Having been so impressed by the AHU engine in my VW T4 (it's running bigger 0.216 injectors :mrgreen: ) we have decided it's time to sell both the Golf Gti's and buy a 'newer' VW!!

We are keen to get a Passat diesel estate,as we want the load lugging capacity and also we are getting on a bit now!! We are thinking either a low(ish) mileage, FSH, B5 with the 110 BHP AHU engine or perhaps a later B5.5 PD 130 BHP engined car such as the Tdi 130 Sport, SE or Highline

Selling both the Golfs should raise around £4000, but we are not one's for spending big sums on second hand motors!!

We would be looking to spend around £1500-2000 on a decent Passat TDI Estate and we definitely want a FSH?

What are the pros and cons of the earlier B5's vs the later B5.5 cars?

I have read about the common things to look out for like cabin leaks due to the pollen filter housing, dodgy 6 speed boxes on later Sport models, worn front suspension, etc!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Alpenweiss2 :D

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login