New Member - Berkshire UK

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

LjStronge
Passat model: B5

New Member - Berkshire UK

Post by LjStronge »

Hi

I have just purchased a 1998 1.8 Manual Passat. I was looking to move to a 5 door and this motor looked like a bargain. She has done a decent amount of miles (150k) but at only £400 with 11 months MOT, I don't think I can go far wrong.

At the moment (I only drove it to test drive it and to work today) she runs fine. There were no Advisories on the MOT and everything seems to work perfectly! Apart from the high mileage and the horrible smoke smell inside, she's great.

The only concern I have is that the bloke I bought it from (a very old man) can't remember if her ever had the Cam belt changed. There is no documentation to suggest it has been done so I am contemplating getting it sorted.

Can it be checked visually or is it something that can not be checked without taking some stuff apart.

Hope to be here for a while! Initial Pic below, will try to add some better ones

New Passat Owner
LjStronge

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login