Removal of centre console area/climatronic control B5.5

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Removal of centre console area/climatronic control B5.5

Post by BIG F@ TW@ »

As I am starting a deep clean of my new B5.5 I thought I's take some pics along the way to show the process of removing interior panels etc. I believe the centre console in the B5 is the same.

First section is the centre control that houses the stereo and the heater controls/various switches etc.

Stereo was previously removed, and this is the result:

The climatronic control surround just prises off:

You will need a torx head socket, I used a T15 but I think it was slightly too small, my next size up is missing, but it does the job:

The climatronic unit is held in with 4 torx screws, one at each corner:

Pulls forward when all 4 are removed:

Unclip the plugs:

The centre frame is screwed to the dash underneath along the top edge with 2 torx head screws, one at each side:

And the lower edge at these two screw clips that form part of the climatronic location that need removing (just prise off):

Gently pry the top edge away from the dash:

Finally if you want to remove the cage behind then there are four torx head screws at each corner to remove then the cage comes out:

and that's it, it goes without saying that refitting is a reversal of the process.