Front ARB upgrade

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

desertstorm
Site Admin
Passat model: B5.5 130 TDI AWX

Front ARB upgrade

Post by desertstorm »

I didn't realise until recently that there were 2 versions of the 29mm front ARB.
All estates come with a 29mm ARB and all vechicles fitted with sports suspension come with a 29mm roll bar.
My car is an SE model so didn't come originally with a sports Front ARB.
Thus I concluded that the front ARB on my car was much the same as a sports model.
Spotted an advert on here for a car being broken which has sports suspension.
spoke to the owner and picked up the front ARB today.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=53530

The top bar with the 3 green paint blobs is the sport bar and the bottom one is the one off my car. Outwardly there is no difference until you pick them up. The sports bar weighs 7Kg and is solid, the one fitted to my car weighs 4Kg, as it's hollow.
This is the best £25 I have ever spent on a suspension upgrade the car is so much flatter cornering, No more embarrasing tyre squeal as the tyre complains when cornering hard. Wish I had done this years ago.

Karl.
Gone but will never be forgotten
207Bhp 347Lb/ft 14.9 seconds 93mph
The build topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56110

The new 382bhp Audi viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70765

This topic has 39 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login