Intercooler hose fix

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

AliM
B3
Passat model: B5.5 TDI Sport

Intercooler hose fix

Post by AliM »

Hi,

Like so many Passat owners, I've suffered for as long as I ]top intercooler hose on my car slipping forward, leaking oil and leaking precious vacuum. I searched and searched online for some way of doing a diy fix on this but couldn't find anything apart from replacing o rings, clips and even the hose itself. I'm sure this has been done before but I thought I would post a couple of pictures with how I managed to fix the leak on my car.

It's so simple and cheap and I hope it helps someone else on here. I bought 2 x 50-70mm hose clamps from B&Q and grabbed a couple of cable ties and created the following quick fix. I've run the car for the past week with this fix and the hose hasn't moved a bit :D Obviously the same can be done at the other end where it meets the intercooler.

Ali
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AliM on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MD362 Hybrid Turbo // GIAC Remap // Sachs Performance Clutch // APR Snub Mount // Eibach Pro Kit // Strut Cross Brace // 312mm Brakes

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login