How to fit Skoda Superb air vents

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

groken
B5
Passat model: B6

How to fit Skoda Superb air vents

Post by groken »

Hello and welcome to my guide on how to install Skoda Superb air vents into a passat with pictures :D . First off best way to get a set of vets is to contact anyone breaking Superb on ebay, took me 2 days to find some and £52 delivered which I think is a good price. First off all Superb vents light are green so we have to replace led's
rsz_20120810_215338.jpg
You see two little white squares, that is led we have to replace here is new red led
rsz_20120810_215325.jpg
I'm not sure what they called exactly but I got them from RS Components and they have them listed as topled and they have loads so I just went for one that was same size. In all honesty I didn't get any of the other electrical specifications ( mambo jumbo). If any one need's a link or product number of the ones i have used just pm.
To get to the lights as in first pic you will need to take surround and wheel off. Due to the size of circuit board best thing to do is take wheel apart.
rsz_20120810_225903.jpg
Once you get the lights out as in pic 1 remove old led but pay close attention to which way they are turned, you will notice that one corner has a little notch you will have to solder new one same way. One ones will also have a notch, sorry no macro on the phone camera and they are small. Once you have your new led on you should check that it works and than just put back together, now you will see why its easier to take wheel apart. That is it as far as replacing led goes next is to remove your existing vets, best thing to do is go from the top and use two flat blade screwdrivers, once you get it out on the top just pull out its easy once you get a hang of it. Now if your car was 03 and later you will have a plug at the side of glove box which you will have to remove to access it but no harness running from it, you could make your own or like I did try and get one from scrappy. You will have to remove center dash e.i stereo and such so you can run the cable trough and so you can move hazards switch, hazards switch in Superb is different but you can just remove the face and swap it with your old one and use that. I have also took my clocks out so I can run the cable behind them for driver side vent. I believe this should cover all of it if there is any questions just ask, I'll let rest of the pictures to speak for themselves :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by groken on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login