how to unblock plenum drain with pics

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

LUIGI-3
B7
Passat model: Octavia VRS

how to unblock plenum drain with pics

Post by LUIGI-3 »

right so after heavy rain fall and me finding pool of water sitting under battery i knew what i had to do :ymdaydream: someone gave me a link from another site but i thought i would upload it here with some pics, maybe someone else will find it useful. So cut the story short here it is. Black seal which runs around the engine bay needs to be removed by just pulling it towards you, slight force might be needed then the black rubber moulded seal from other side needs to be uncliped from the body by lifting it slightly up again little force might be necessary
seals.JPG
then you need to disconnect battery with size 10 spanner- black terminal lead first, then red and small run off cable on right side by just pulling it out. then there is a clamp on left which holds the battery to the shelf. you need size 14 socket spanner for this. once this is undone the battery will slide on to left and you are able to lift it up. careful cos its heavy.once its out you will end up with something like this
shelf2.JPG
on here you will have 3 more bolts to undo in order to get to drain holes
battery shelf.JPG
once they are out you can lift the shelf out, the alarm sounder ( the round black thing) is held by one same bolt. once the shelf is out you should take the sounder out as well- its connected by pin-take care not to get any water or gunk in it. once out you should end up with something like this and be able to see passengers side drain hole clogged up with sh*te
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login