4wd rear seats to 2wd cars how to:

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bradh
B6
Passat model: b5.5 tdi

4wd rear seats to 2wd cars how to:

Post by bradh »

hi guys had a blinder of a result today threw a friend of a friend who said it could be done so i called him and he came and shown me how to do it so i thought id share my nights work with u guys :

seats were from a 4wd passat estate and are going into a 2wd passat :

so 1st up u need to remove 2 of these from ur rear bench seat:
found hear:
simple to unscrew them i think a t30 torx bit needed

passenger rear seat 1st:
at the bottom of the seat ware the mounting peg goes into the seat there is a plate witch has another hole in it but its covered up in leather trim so u need to put a little cross in the leather to allow u to insert the plastic tube for the peg to go into:

so once u done that pull the plastic lug out the other hole and fit into new hole:

then turn the seat over and work on the other side this is the side that sits in the little cup in the middle of the seat
as same as other side u need to find the hidden hole threw the leather and make new hole
u can just make out the indent i made with my finger

then u need to turn the seat over and un-clip the leather from the runner on the back to allow u to pit the peg u removed from the old seats
iv pushed the pug threw the hole so u can see it

u then need to get a nut on the other side of this to make the peg secure lucky i had 2 shallow nuts lying about result
\:D/
this bits a bit fidderly as u need to try and slip the nut into the little gap and screw the peg in
u can just make out the nut in this pic

now press the leather back into place and u are done for this side!!

and fitted

other side is the same as this except its propper tight to get the nut in the little gap for bolting the peg in place:
i actually lost a nut in side the seat witch was annoying

and this is it fitted:

hope u find this helpful

cheers brad

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login