ALLARD EGR REMOVAL KIT

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vwnutant
Site Admin
Passat model: Audi Q5 Sline

ALLARD EGR REMOVAL KIT

Post by vwnutant »

Got this kit direct from Allard Motorsport - see there new website - http://www.allardaluminiumproducts.co.uk/

The kit came with the pipe, clips , weashers , nuts , o ring and boost connector etc .

nice piece of kit and shiney too for under engine bling ! .

I am not the best on how to but I have taken quite a few pics so you can see what you need to do/remove/fit back again , if I can do it id say most people can , all you need is socket set, allen keys , hacksaw or dremmel , and some spare time .

To start off with my car is a 2002 pd tdi 130 sport avf engine .

I removed all the engine covers then I knew what i was going to need to remove and had more room , to do this just use a 10mm socket to remove the three bolts on the engine cover , and screwdriver for the airbox covers x 2 then you can see what to remove .

I removed the pipes off the egr valve and then got my hands in to remove the allen bolts x 3 i could get a socket to some but used an allen key for the others , they werent too tight so werent too bad to remove .

then once the egr was off I saw how DIRTY ! both the inlet manifold and egr were , minging is not the word !!! . that cant be helping the car at all !? . the pipes off the egr x 2 it stated to leave and tuck out of the way as they can be left like this so i did this .

whilst i was in there i swapped a few of the smaller pipes for my blue silicon ones just cos i had some spare from a previous car , hence the blue piping now in the engine bay

once i got the egr valve off i removed also the inlet manifold , also same with this you can get a socket into some but i also used an allen key and it was off in no time at all , then I went and bought a new gasket about £3 from the local car factor , as my car at this is in bits !?

i used what i could find in my cupboards , g101 all purpose cleaner and degreaser and washed/rinsed/brushed and got as much out as i could also used about 6 cloths getting inside the manifold to clean it all out , due to time i couldnt leave it to soak overnight as needed the car so once done i refitted the manifold with new gasket.

then i worked my magic on the pipe off the egr valve , it has a metal end in that you need to chop off the very end , once done you should be able to slowly prise/bend it off with a flat blade screwdriver , this is all shown in the supplied instructions too if you need to visualise this, i dremel it off in taking car not to damage the hose .

once off i then clamped the hose onto the egr and went to fit it with the new boost attachment on and the clamps, 3 new allen key screws on and then clamps x 2 fitted and i started the car up , no lights , started/ran fine .

I then went for a drive , planted my foot and the pipe popped off !? think its because my car is mapped , so i had to limp home and then fitted another clamp and all is well after a long drive over the hills at various speeds all holding up fine .

feels less jerky the car and power is more gradual and less in your face seems much easier to drive , will see how it goes over the coming weeks/months.

below are the pictures i took whilst doing the job - :D :D have lots of cloths and get some rubber gloves !!

cheers
ant
=VWNUTANT - ADMIN/OWNER -UKPASSATS.CO.UK=

===CONTACT ME FOR MERCHANDISE OR BUSINESS/ADVERT ENQS FOR FORUM===
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR 12 MONTH PACKAGES AND ONGOING CONTRACTS

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login