Faulty maf,checklist......

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bauer
B3
Passat model: b5 afn remapped

Faulty maf,checklist......

Post by bauer »

Right,this thread is in no way scientific and u dont need vag com or similar,however i cant promise these symptoms WILL 100% diagnose a faulty maf sensor but the following is what mine was doing........
(i drive a 98'tdi,AFN engine code)
1-Car only has about 1/4 of its usual power
2- The accelerator pedal only seems to work on about a 1/5 pressure,the rest of the pedal travel is useless
3-The car will pick up better using only that 1st 5th of pedal travel,any more it feels/sounds like its overfueling
4-Although still massivly down on power u can still feel the turbo under very light load.
5-Car DOES still get up to speed just takes an age!
6-It (loss of power) happens very suddenly
7-Intermitently power does come back a little but still only gives u about 1/2 your nomall power and this is at low revs
8-Whenever u start the car it will rev to around 2k before settling down to idle(idle is normal even with the bad maf)

The above is what happened to mine so no promises it'll be the same with yours but if u have no diagnostic equipment and a few of the above symptoms are happening i would try a change!
DO NOT change for another maf unless the vw numbers match 100% i did this and it didnt work,i took a maf from a same year seat 1.9tdi but 2 of the 9 numbers were differant and it would not work.

Any questions contact me via msg...............

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login