how I cleaned my cream leather seats

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

wastrel1066
B6
Passat model: b5

how I cleaned my cream leather seats

Post by wastrel1066 »

first off, I slagged off the saddle soap in another thread on here, gotta take that back I`m afraid. yes, just baby wipes does work, but the soap works better (read faster & with less effort!) & I used a nail scrubber brush which helped too. sorry about the origional pics, changed settings on my camera to give a warmer view of the seat when cleaned but trust me, the seats are very dirty & this did work a treat. cleaning the seats this way will not affect cracked leather, I'm gonna get a leather treatment from elsewhere to tackle that part! last but not least, I bought a leather conditioner on recommendation from the horse feed place where I got the soap &, after I'd cleaned the seats they were bone dry, I'd definately recommend you get conditioner if you're gonna do yours!
since I put this in the 'how to' section, I`ll give a detailed explanation of what I did & what I used, the results really are quite startling.
Morrisons cheapo wipes - under £2
Lincoln classic glycerene soap bar - £5
Belvoir leather balsam (conditioner) - £10
the soap is supposed to be applied with a damp cloth & wiped off with a dry one! this method didn`t have a great effect when I tried it, hence my innitial dissapointment. 2nd time round, at first I was rubbing the leather with a wipe to moisten it, then rubbing the nail brush onto the soap then scrubbing the leather, eventually, after moistening the panel with a wipe I settled on rubbing the bar of soap directly onto the leather, scrub with brush, wipe really hard with a clean wipe or two or three, then dry off with a dry cloth. all done one panel at a time. conditioned entire seat in one (last) go!
Last edited by wastrel1066 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login