B5 heater fan removal

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

the_dubmeister
B7

B5 heater fan removal

Post by the_dubmeister »

Just thought i'd put my little bit in, since i've done my heater fan recently just incase no ones 100% sure on how these come out pretty simple enough though.

First off disconnect the car battery, you dont want to take the chance of the airbag going off.

Secondly you have to remove the glovebox completely there's 5 torks bit screws in there so make sure you've the torks bits for removing and replacing the glove box.

When you've got the glovebox out, The fan itself which you really cant miss is more or less straight in front of you, Disconnect the power supply to the motor, there should be 2 little connections which you simply remove.

On the motor itself there is 4 or 5 screws which go all around the motor itself, these can be removed with a normal flatblade screwdriver.

Once you've all screws out, this is when it can be a tiny bit difficult, With the airbag been close to where the motor itself is you have to use a little force to pull the motor out, But thats about it really all relatively simple, and if your putting a new one back in just reverse these few steps.

Hope that can help some people needing help on this subject 8)

This topic has 31 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login