DRL Lights - b5.5 passat

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vwnutant
Site Admin
Passat model: Audi Q5 Sline

DRL Lights - b5.5 passat

Post by vwnutant »

Hi all .

wanted to do this for ages but been putting it off until a member pointed me in the right direction

I got some DRL off ebay , usually start from about a tenner , depends what length etc you want and how many leds I wanted ones that fitted in the gaps in the front grilles and sat on them/easy to fit

Firstly my drls had the wiring so nothing more needed other than a terminal for the ends x 2 positive and earth

Then the positive and earth go here -

Under the fuse box in the drivers side footwell you should have something that looks like this
The yellow 75x terminal is ignition live, run the live feed from there into you engine bay via the one of the grommets in the bay. There is also an earthing point to the left of this terminal so everything can be located in the car.

I fed the wiring through the grommet in the ecu box and that leads you right next to where you want to go and then down the drivers side engine bay and down to the lights that I simply hot glued into place as there only light/small so no major screws needed etc .

The front covers simply clip into place so prise them off with a flat blade screwdriver and off they come.

Turn em on and off you go , i fed the wire along the front bumper in front of the rad etc and tied the wiring in place .

Will get pics of the finished result asap

ant
=VWNUTANT - ADMIN/OWNER -UKPASSATS.CO.UK=

===CONTACT ME FOR MERCHANDISE OR BUSINESS/ADVERT ENQS FOR FORUM===
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR 12 MONTH PACKAGES AND ONGOING CONTRACTS

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login