B5.5 TDI SLIP RING ISSUE

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vwnutant
Site Admin
Passat model: Audi Q5 Sline

B5.5 TDI SLIP RING ISSUE

Post by vwnutant »

Have a tdi 130 sport 2002 avf

Got an aftermarket steering wheel and hub boss kit (momo) no issues with these but when fitting like a complete plank i didnt disconnect the slip ring switch (yellow) and pulled the top off the slip ring revealing about 5 metres of cabling !?.... :(( :(( ....tried to wind it back in best I could but when re-connected my esp/abs light came on and it started kicking in on set off (usual when it senses a fault ) been using it like this until today .

Rang vw for price on new one - 1J0 959 654 AP - £218 + !!! :(( ..so rang spring vale vw parts instead £40 ! same part no exactly but from 2003 car

fitted it and went to my local garage who can reset codes etc - says code not matching and still has all lights ...does this mean im going to have to go to DEALERS !???? :((

Anyone help ?

ant
=VWNUTANT - ADMIN/OWNER -UKPASSATS.CO.UK=

===CONTACT ME FOR MERCHANDISE OR BUSINESS/ADVERT ENQS FOR FORUM===
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR 12 MONTH PACKAGES AND ONGOING CONTRACTS

This topic has 42 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login