cured water in boot problem!

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

justin31
B5
Passat model: B5

cured water in boot problem!

Post by justin31 »

noticed today that the little resess in the boot on the drivers side was full of water so i ripped out the boot lining and soaked up the water with a sponge.after a good look i found 2 different entry points where the water was comming in.

1) just below the fuel flap mech theres 2 white plastic clips that seem to come from the outside of the car(from the bumper i think)

2) with the boot open look down the side and ull see a little rubber plug(just above the rear light) if you pull it out the hole goes into the boot from the boot lid channel.if you poke your finger through the hole you can actuall touch the back of the cluster in the inside

both mine had tell tale signs of water comming in,the plastic clips had dirty water stains coming from the bottom and you could see where the water had been running down the inside.the rubber plug was loose and on inspection on the inside the water has been runnung along onto the back of the cluster.

if it wasnt for the water being dirty then i wouldnt of known it was coming from there.

both entry points where seal with silicone sealant so fingers crossed thats job done