Home wheel refurb

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

boneybradley
B6
Passat model: B5 1.8t SE

Home wheel refurb

Post by boneybradley »

After refurbing my golf wheels and painting them i thought i would try the passat wheels but these need a polished finish..so i gave it a try

Golf thread is here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=82219.0

wheels were a bit kerbed when bought :sick: :sick:

First job was to remove all the laquer using my electric sander and some 120 grit pads and then I ran over the kerbing with some 40 grit wet and dry until smooth.

then I rubbed them down with 400, 800 and finally 1500 grit wet and dry until they looked flat and smooth

and then it was polish time using autosol (I did this 4 times in total and watered it down to a thin paste for the final polish) and then they recieved 4 coats of wax and 3 layers of protector

and they finished up like this :cool: :cool:

and i will add that is the same wheel and each one took about 3 hours in total......
Current Golf Mk3 Anni & VR6 owner!

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login