After market headunit fitting???

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

carl1987
still on the production line
Passat model: b6 se

After market headunit fitting???

Post by carl1987 »

Maybe im just being thick but it seems to have become alot more complicated to change headunits nowadays, i understand i need fascia adaptor and some kind of harness to fit passat wiring into headunit but i also want to keep multifunctional display and steering wheel controls working im looking at somthing along the lines of this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... reId=10001

Cant live with the rcd510 as it has no bluetooth, fone connection aux or anything. Steering wheel has the fone controls bit they do nothing, rest of controls and mfd work with the 510.

My question is what the hell do i need to buy to keep all the features of the car working with the kenwood headunit??

Last time i was changing headunits was on late 90s/early 00s fiestas, corsas and saxos so it was unplug and replug back then bit now its can bus this interface that and then stories of interior lighting and handbrakes playing up after swapping radio????? Help lol

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login