rear view aftermarket camera b6 estate

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

scooby111
B2
Passat model: B6

rear view aftermarket camera b6 estate

Post by scooby111 »

i know there have been loads of posts on installing rear view cameras but...

first all i thought i'd have a go at installing the camera today inbetween the showers .

the camera is combined with the handle .i removed the trim and installed the camera/handle every time i tightened the handle even just slightly it would stop the door handle switch from working . i opened it up had look inside lubed it up and still the same but it works when loose :evil: o well cheap chinese sh.t

i thought i separate the camera from the handle and wire it until i get a new one probably one which fits into number plate light.I'm not mad on the idea of having a poor quality switch for a door handle.

then i came to the rubber door gaiters i can not remove them or push anything through ! like there is something blocking them on the other side i can remove the car door side but that is all i can do.
how is it attached?on the other side just behind the head liner i can see what looks a pipe with the wires coming through from the rubber gaiter!?

Any ideas?or has any one done this before on a b6 estate?

Also for taping the rear reverse lights it looks pretty different to the saloons the lights look pretty awkward to get to i.e behind some metal