Best amp placement to power front doors - B5.5

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

CameraJack
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Best amp placement to power front doors - B5.5

Post by CameraJack »

I've played with car audio a fair bit so I have no problems with wiring or any of that, I just need some ideas for amp placement. I have an aftermarket HU plus aftermarket components in the front and rear doors which sound great IMO. In my other cars I had a 100W sub kicking around in the boot but I can't be bothered with it these days so I was thinking I might use the 2ch 450W amp from that (was bridged for the sub) and amp up my front doors to give the speakers I have in there a chance to show what they've got. Which brings me to my predicament. There doesn't seem to be enough space under either of the front seats - which is the go-to area for door amp placement from what I've seen.

Do any of you fine chaps have any better ideas? I don't particularly fancy running cables all the way to the boot and then back to the front doors, plus there isn't really anywhere in the boot as it's an estate and I have the back seats down fairly often.

Cheers in advance for any help!

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login