DVD MFD(2) iPod Dock Confusion

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

22jeffers
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

DVD MFD(2) iPod Dock Confusion

Post by 22jeffers »

Hi There,

This is my first post, so hi everyone and apologies if this is a question that's been asked to death!!

I bought an 07 Passat (B6) SEL 170 Estate over the weekend and it has a Sat Nav DVD MFD or MFD2 (booklet says its an MFD but Google pictures might suggest its an MFD2. It's this one anyway: http://data.motor-talk.de/data/gallerie ... 921434.jpg).

In the glove box it has an iPod dock in a little pull down compartment. I have tried two different iPods in it now (of different ages) and I can't seem to get the MFD to play the iPod. I may well be doing something wrong.

I assume that to select the iPod (disc changer in other models), I simply press the 'CD' button twice t toggle between the single CD slot in the MFD and the iPod (disc changer). Is that right?

If so, it simply doesn't do anything. Could I possibly have the dock but no wiring between it and the MFD or does it sound broken? It's driving me mad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple of things on a side note, how does the Sat Nav update itself as I obviously can't bring it indoors and plug it into my desktop? Do I buy discs? If so, where/how?

I assume many have asked before me, is there a recommended way to attach an amp/sub without loosing high level feeds to either the front or rear speakers? I've picked up that it doesn't have a sub pre-out.

Many thanks, I'm looking forward to chatting to you all. My knowledge is currently a massive void!

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login