Advice needed on Remote Wire from Headunit to Amp, SORTED!

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jay2
B4
Passat model: B6

Advice needed on Remote Wire from Headunit to Amp, SORTED!

Post by jay2 »

So a bit stuck and scratching my head at this and hoping someone can help on here. ~x(
Been through the search function which has been a big help in getting this far, but now stuck.

So, fitted a new Philips head-unit to the B5 Passat, wired up an amp and bass box to the boot, (cheers Ant for the kit), everything ok up to here. Headunit works no problem. Power to the amp, no problem.

The fun starts when I tried to connect the blue control wire from the amp to the rear of my headunits ISO Connector, which looks like this:-

Fitted it to the blue wire, as this said 'remote, aerial connection, live' on it. Headunit reset everytime I took the keys out.
Tried the yellow wire, as this had power only when the ignition was on. Headunit reset everytime I took the keys out.
The only wire left is the red on the connector, but this is 'live' all the time, so obviously thinking this will just drain the battery if I use this.

So what's going wrong? Headunit works fine with the control wire disconnected and stores the settings if keys removed. When the control wire is plugged into the yellow wire apart from resetting the unit when keys removed, amp and bass box work fine.

Any help appreciated. ^:)^
Last edited by jay2 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Returning to the fold.......07 Passat Estate 4Motion standard.....so far................ :D

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login