Is anyone still running an MFD1 nav unit?

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

staffordcox
B2
Passat model: B8 GT

Is anyone still running an MFD1 nav unit?

Post by staffordcox »

Dearly beloved.

I recently bought a genuine VW MFD1 nav unit and was wondering how many other people are running one. The sound quality on it is FAR better than that of the BETA unit I was running before and I'm generally very happy with the look and sound of it. However, I've never managed to get the sat nav working. I bought it from a chap on here who sold it with no aerial and no disc and I'm very happy with the purchase but would really like to get it running properly before giving up and go for an after market one.

The aerial I have is a cheap eBay one (about a tenner from China I believe). Would this be why I only get about 8 satellites? Also, I did a cheeky torrent download of the software (travel pilot DX) to try it out before spending out real money on a proper one. I don't mind spending the cash on proper units if I know they're going to work but I was wondering if anybody can tell me if I've got the wrong bits to go with it. Or even better, is there anyone local to me (Gillingham, Kent) that can let me try their aerial and/or nav CD in my head unit?

Thanks guys
Staff
ImageImage
Mapped by Simon at CCC-Tech

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login