Rage Against The Machines! SPACE TO VENT HERE

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Odyssey TSi
B1
Passat model: B8 GT

Re: Rage Against The Machines! SPACE TO VENT HERE

Post by Odyssey TSi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 am

Agree, and I hate that I’m doing it to people in my B8 but I’m Not going to keep putting the handbrake on every time I start stop, blame VW not me!
2015 Passat GT 2.0tdi, I need a name change!

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 am

:hyst

passartist
B6
Passat model: b5.5 4motion est

Post by passartist » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am

ray112 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 am
denzbom wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:07 pm
The turds that sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake pedal erm hello your high level brake light is blinding me
That's a bit of bull$hit, I am not going to put daft handbrake on every minute or less I need to spend at traffic lights. Then clowns who forget to switch off rear fog lights are dazzling you 10x more.
Thirded! No matter what the vehicle, sitting at traffic lights without handbrake on isn't hurting anyone!

It's the people who drive with foglights on all the time that really pee me off, without rain or fog!!

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 am

passartist wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am
ray112 wrote:
denzbom wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:07 pm
The turds that sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake pedal erm hello your high level brake light is blinding me
That's a bit of bull$hit, I am not going to put daft handbrake on every minute or less I need to spend at traffic lights. Then clowns who forget to switch off rear fog lights are dazzling you 10x more.
Thirded! No matter what the vehicle, sitting at traffic lights without handbrake on isn't hurting anyone!

It's the people who drive with foglights on all the time that really pee me off, without rain or fog!!
Let's not squabble. This is the RANTING place %-(

I have noticed regarding the foglight thing, people where I live (might be elsewhere) don't seem to bother letting other drivers know that their foglights lights are on etc, they just happily drive along behind them etc. Is this an age thing where the younger drivers aren't aware that a quick warning flash of the lights usually gets people to check their light situation?? Yet more mature/experienced drivers know that a quick flash is all it takes sometimes (ooer)

denzbom
B3
Passat model: B5.5 sport

Post by denzbom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am

All those to lazy to use a handbrake if its electronic you dont even need to release it does that for you as you drive away bet you ride the clutch at junctions as well then moan on here about having to replace your DMF early. You all moan about fog lights yet last time I replaced bulbs rear fog and brake light bulbs were the same wattage

AdamJonezy
still on the production line
Passat model: NA

Post by AdamJonezy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 am

I've found that most of the time if i flash someone because they're driving with no lights on i just get a dull dirty look as if I've just told them to f off.

One thing that wind's me up is people who pull out in front of you fast them persist to drive at 10mph under the speed limit.

Also when you flash someone out trying to be helpful and kind and they don't thank you for it, really winds me up the selfish bar-stewards. It isn't that difficult to lift your had for 1 second to say thanks.

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

denzbom wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am
You all moan about fog lights yet last time I replaced bulbs rear fog and brake light bulbs were the same wattage
Brake lights are meant to warn of your vehicle slowing down, fog lights are to increase the visibility of your vehicle in poor visibility. The wattage reflects the job the bulb has to do, however in wet conditions, or normal visibility the fog/brake light being on continually is dazzling. That's the point of the gripe.

ray112
B7
Passat model: B5

Post by ray112 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 am

BIG F@ TW@ wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 am
passartist wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am
ray112 wrote:

Let's not squabble. This is the RANTING place %-(

I have noticed regarding the foglight thing, people where I live (might be elsewhere) don't seem to bother letting other drivers know that their foglights lights are on etc, they just happily drive along behind them etc. Is this an age thing where the younger drivers aren't aware that a quick warning flash of the lights usually gets people to check their light situation?? Yet more mature/experienced drivers know that a quick flash is all it takes sometimes (ooer)

No it's not about not bothering, it's about being too thick to notice something around and understand what's happening. I've been driving for miles behind car without any lights on at night, I was flashing full beam, hazards and switching off lights, and guess what, that stupid face is looking in mirrors at me, but never decided to check if lights are on, or anything else wrong, just carried driving like nothing happened. Street are far too full with idiots these days. Motorways and dual carriageways full of 60mph drivers in fastest line, they perfectly could go in middle lanes or in left one, but no, they feel fast.

ray112
B7

Post by ray112 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am

denzbom wrote:
All those to lazy to use a handbrake if its electronic you dont even need to release it does that for you as you drive away bet you ride the clutch at junctions as well then moan on here about having to replace your DMF early. You all moan about fog lights yet last time I replaced bulbs rear fog and brake light bulbs were the same wattage
Not all cars have electric parking brake, that's first, and I better hold brake pedal instead of getting someone crashing into my bum because he/she was busy on phone or looking around. Brake lights will clearly show that my car is standstill and will attract more attention from driver coming towards me than parking brake. You can agree or disagree, but that's my opinion. About clutch riding at crossroads or traffic lights that's another funny category of people, they are moving forward inch by inch, but when they are good to go, they move of as a last car from all who were waiting. As well stupid but we see it a lot.
Last edited by ray112 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hilly81
B3
Passat model: B5.5

Post by Hilly81 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am

I have definately noticed an increase in people driving around without their headlights on, particularly early in the morning. I think the rise in DRL's and dashbords being permanently lit up has contributed to this as well as general stupidity.

Another thing that annoys me, people driving without headlights on in the rain.

denzbom
B3
Passat model: B5.5 sport

Post by denzbom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 am

ray112 wrote:
denzbom wrote:
Not all cars have electric parking brake, that's first, and I better hold brake pedal instead of getting someone crashing into my bum because he/she was busy on phone or looking around. Brake lights will clearly show that my car is standstill and will attract more attention from driver coming towards me than parking brake. You can agree or disagree, but that's my opinion. About clutch riding at crossroads or traffic lights that's another funny category of people, they are moving forward inch by inch, but when they are good to go, they move of as a last car from all who were waiting. As well stupid but we see it a lot.
If you are hit from behind your foot will not stay on the brake pedal the impact even at 10 mph will remove your foot from brake and clutch resulting in your car suddenly lurching forwards into the any car that may be in front of you double the damage plus a claim against you yes i speak from experience car hit me from behind my feet left the pedals luckily there was no car in front

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 am

Guys Guys

This is a place to VENT not rut heads...chill

:ymhug:

ray112
B7

Post by ray112 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:26 am

denzbom wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 am
ray112 wrote:
denzbom wrote:
If you are hit from behind your foot will not stay on the brake pedal the impact even at 10 mph will remove your foot from brake and clutch resulting in your car suddenly lurching forwards into the any car that may be in front of you double the damage plus a claim against you yes i speak from experience car hit me from behind my feet left the pedals luckily there was no car in front
It's not about staying at place, it's about being more noticeable to vehicle coming from back. That could save from getting hit.
About being in accident, don't judge everything from one situation you have been in. People are different, situations are different, so every outcome will be different. I've been in few accidents in my life, I know how it feels when someone crushes into you, I know how it feels when your car turns on the roof and few more. From all that experience is only growing, and of course I'm glad that in no one of those moments was any injured people. The main key of getting lucky through the accident it to be ready to it. If you see, that someone's flying towards your car without stopping, you control yourself and are ready for moment when hit will come, but if you are sitting relaxed and only feel the hit when you were not expecting that, of course you can't change anything anymore. We all gotsome experience, and it is good to share it.

jsa274
Passat model: B6

Post by jsa274 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

The number of people in my area with one non functional brake light/head light is ridiculous. Giving them a flash of the headlights to warn them does nothing, if they are too brain dead to see half of the lane is in total darkness then visual gestures will almost certainly go unheeded.

Neglected roads; my suspension is flimsy as it is without huge potholes, lumps and bumps damaging it further.

People on terraced streets who cone off a bit of the road outside their house to protect 'their space' :-@ so they have a guaranteed spot when they return.

My o/h, who moans like *no swearing* when I am wary of letting her drive the Passat, but then abuses the clutch in her car. When she did get a go, she would change gear too early and the whole thing would shudder at 1200RPM with oh fiddlesticks! all power available.

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

Post by Gazwould » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 am

Get it remapped with egr out and it won't shudder , no shudder here , 30mph 5th gear uphill pulls .

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon 0.34 m-1 blower .

I'd give her some 'trivago' .

offthe8ball

Post by offthe8ball » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Yes but what about there being no spaces and just a many unused disabled spaces? It could be argued there are the proportions in many cases are wrong... also...
People who take up two spaces, really annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:07 pm

jsa274 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

People on terraced streets who cone off a bit of the road outside their house to protect 'their space' :-@ so they have a guaranteed spot when they return.

OMG don't get me started on this! When I walk the dog I see cones like that outside someones house around our way I put them on the kerb, I have been known to pick them up and drop them off somewhere else on my walk behind a hedge etc. You don't own that piece of the road..... :evil:

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Gazwould wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 am
Get it remapped with egr out and it won't shudder , no shudder here , 30mph 5th gear uphill pulls .
[-x No Gaz, not an advice thread haha Give us a good Rant :-bd maybe about oil?

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Gazwould » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm

I am venting , everyone should remap , it's a religion , any infidel is g*^ !

jsa274
Passat model: B6

Post by jsa274 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Gazwould wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 am
I'd rather discourage labouring the engine at low revs where there is no power, the shudder is a helpful reminder that the engine isn't happy (in my mind).

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Gazwould wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm
:hyst

ct.p
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B5.5 H'Line Est

Post by ct.p » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Gazwould wrote:
I'm a remap athiest. 8-X
VCDS and Vagtacho in Maidenhead Berks

water01
Site Admin
Passat model: B5.5 1.9 TDI 130

Post by water01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:17 pm

BIG F@ TW@ wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm

And while we are on the subject of rants please remember when you signed up for this Forum you agreed to the rules and one of those rules is no swearing or profanities, hence the swearing filter, so if you try to get around it by using * or other characters your post will be amended or DELETED. Swearing is not in the founding ethos of this Forum.
David Jordan

2003 130 1.9TDI Sport Estate Reflex Silver

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Gazwould » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:55 pm

ct.p wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm
Gazwould wrote:
I'm a remap athiest. 8-X

You're halfway there Col as your ticker has a tuning box .

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:12 pm

water01 wrote:
BIG F@ TW@ wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm

And while we are on the subject of rants please remember when you signed up for this Forum you agreed to the rules and one of those rules is no swearing or profanities, hence the swearing filter, so if you try to get around it by using * or other characters your post will be amended or DELETED. Swearing is not in the founding ethos of this Forum.
Don't think I've done that have I?

Sent from my Shamsung using Tapatalcum powder