Purchasing items

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Chrissyp83
B2
Passat model: b5.5 variant PD

Purchasing items

Post by Chrissyp83 »

So I have read here there and everywhere about people getting ripped off on forums but id be keen to hear your views ...
So I booked my wagon in for cv joints to be replaced, remembering I had seen meyle hd droplinks for sale on here, I was advised to replace as a matter of course. Droplinks ordered, car booked in. Fast forward to garage booking day, cv joint change went a dream, went to replace droplinks, 1st off looked as though id been sold same side however my mechanic mentioned some parts are interchangeable. Unfortunately in the droplink case they were not and I had been sent 2x drivers side links. Anyway contacted the buyer who asked me to return and he will refund money. I asked for return address 4/5 times, as doe to where I live if it wasnt sent imminently I need to go to the next village and post (why wouldnt u post address at earliest opportunity anyway is beyond me) which I didnt get. Anyway whilst waiting I ordered the correct part, rebooked another 30mins labour time and travelled 43mile round trip to have fitted. Anyway eventually I got the address (I returned link same day) and 2 weeks on I got notification I would be refunded. No apart from being pi55ed abour how slack the original seller was I am frustrated that this part had cost me additional fuel to attend post office, additional charge for fitment and additional fuel to have refitted.
My question is the seller has offered to refund 1/2-the part, as I have been put out I have asked for postage of nee part plus cost of replacement. Am I in the wrong? Technically using debit card protection I could request the whole lot through my bank but I feel agrieved knowing I have been massively put out because the seller couldnt be bothered to check what he was selling/ sending

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mr P
B5.5 Variant
PD130??????

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login