Rear light headaches

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aman23
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: b5.5

Rear light headaches

Post by aman23 »

Had my MOT today, checked all the lights and things before I set off. No point in getting an advisory or fail for something trivial I thought.

They were running late so as I was waiting my turn, I thought check things over again. Rear left brake light was not working. The rest of the lights in the cluster were on.

I changed the brake light from spares I had and checked the lights and upon checking, the whole cluster stopped working. The front side light was not working but the brake and fog light was. So the fuse had gone, changed it just to be sure with the other 5 amp mini fuse for the other side. That blew as well. So as it stood no rear lights at all. No spare fuses.

So as I was messing around I had the bulb clusters out on both sides and I was thinking the reverse lights have stopped working as well. I was getting seriously annoyed especially being away from my garage and any tools. To make things worse I was getting hungry lol.

As it happens and in my 11+ years of owning passats, I never knew the reverse lights were inside the cluster. So the reverse lights did work but the bulb cluster had to be fitted.

Got it all sorted in the end by going to a local halfords. Paid 7.99 for a bunch of fuses I probably won't need again.

But it's ironic that all year the lights are fine and on the day of the MOT this happens. But I learnt something new about reverse lights lol.

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login