Karcher 620 problems

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aman23
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: b5.5

Karcher 620 problems

Post by aman23 »

As I have been cleaning the garage, and for some reason after 20 years decided I have a passion for cleaning my car. I decided to give my 17 year old karcher 620 a clean up.

ImageImage

It was working but sometimes I had to turn the nozzle for water pressure to minus all the way and back again for full force.

So checked on the Internet and decided to clean up some pressure valve thing and put some silicone grease in it. When I got to the part it was exactly like a caliper pin where the original grease had baked on and mostly disappeared.

Anyway, got it back together and it was working fantastic, until the motor/compressor started running on its own for about 5 seconds. Kept doing this for a few minutes then after a bit of use it was working as it should. No ghostly starting or stopping?? Any ideas as to why this would happen?

And for some reason the hand trigger gun is leaking. It's like the trigger is not stopping the water no more. Still works though.

Got to say this old thing is very well made. It's not really been used much in all the years I have had it but the engineering is great.

The hose has got to be about 10 metres long so I don't want to buy a replacement. Was looking to replace the whole thing with a K2 but it's got a tiny hose so would have to spend a shocking amount on more hose pipes.