whats the matter with this chuffin' PC?

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

erl72
B6
Passat model: B3 2L GT 16v

whats the matter with this chuffin' PC?

Post by erl72 »

My PC is relatively new... I'm on broadband, AOL, usually averages at about 3-3.5meg. Up until the other day I never had any trouble watching videos on youtube etc and I watched the first episode of Heroes the other day on iPlayer. I haven't gone on any sites that I don't usually in the interim, haven't messed around with any settings, and yesterday for no apparent reason it'll only show about 10 seconds of a video before it stops for a few seconds to download a bit more, then shows a bit more, then stops.... etc. I've just tried to watch a half hour programme on iplayer and it just sits on the programme page and won't load up.

I've cleared out all the old temp internet files, defragged it and just did a system restore which was the only thing I could think of left to try) to last Friday wondering if that would do the trick in case anything had downloaded itself silently onto my computer. Its no better now. I have no idea where to start but I use iPlayer and YouTube quite a lot so its as much as useless if I can't sort it out :cry:

For those people who know about these kind of things I have a BT Voyager 105USB ADSL modem. I did buy a Netgear router last year but I've never got round to fitting it.

Any suggestions?
Eddi :D 1990 Passat GT 2.0 16v (clickable sig)

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login