Existing Registered Users PLEASE READ ******

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

water01
Site Admin
Passat model: B5.5 1.9 TDI 130

Existing Registered Users PLEASE READ ******

Post by water01 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:42 am

Because of a new EU law I have had to change our registration script to inform people that we use cookies. As an existing user you will not have seen this when you registered, so here is an update. I should state here that nothing has changed in the software just a change in EU (useless ********) law.

In case anybody doesn't know a cookie stores data pertinent to you on your computer that allows phpBB (our forum software) to enhance your browsing experience. Included in this is auto-login, read topics, your user-id and your session-id (everyone gets one on login so we know what data to send you). We do NOT store any Private data in these cookies.

So our registration now has an additional paragraph

"You agree to the “phpBB software” creating a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer's web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (hereinafter «user-id») and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter «session-id»), automatically assigned to you by the phpBB software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within «our FORUMS» and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience."
David Jordan

2003 130 1.9TDI Sport Estate Reflex Silver

mifkif
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B3, B3, B5.5, B6

Re: Existing Registered Users PLEASE READ ******

Post by mifkif » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks David, good job you know about this stuff.
:ymhug:

Matt
Follow my Iron Man progess here - http://mifkif.wordpress.com/ and here - http://app.strava.com/athletes/1285908

scooterboy67
B2
Passat model: B5.5

Post by scooterboy67 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:27 pm

water01 wrote:Because of a new EU law I have had to change our registration script to inform people that we use cookies. As an existing user you will not have seen this when you registered, so here is an update. I should state here that nothing has changed in the software just a change in EU (useless ********) law.

In case anybody doesn't know a cookie stores data pertinent to you on your computer that allows phpBB (our forum software) to enhance your browsing experience. Included in this is auto-login, read topics, your user-id and your session-id (everyone gets one on login so we know what data to send you). We do NOT store any Private data in these cookies.

So our registration now has an additional paragraph

"You agree to the “phpBB software” creating a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer's web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (hereinafter «user-id») and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter «session-id»), automatically assigned to you by the phpBB software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within «our FORUMS» and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience."
No probs mate I like choc chip
[/img]Image

ratsquid
B2
Passat model: B3

Post by ratsquid » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Every site does this now. its just another way for the natzi uk goverment to spy on us all. what ever happened to the uk being a free country?
"Batman doesn't need a rear-view mirror huh?"

Dingle
B4
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Post by Dingle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 pm

It's an outrage !!! I demand a re count !! (Or something) lol

Lee
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6 SEL 170

Post by Lee » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 pm

It's now law for every single website you use to pop-up and nag you that it wants to give you a cookie.

Thats INSANE...... Who DOESN'T LIKE cookies???!!!

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Post by Mindriot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:04 am

Such a daft law, it amazes me how much compliance its had considering its completely un-enforceable.

If they really meant it they would have introduced a routing block to all sites not incorporating a specific dedicated meta-tag in the header :hyst