Share your favourites....

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

erl72
B6
Passat model: B3 2L GT 16v

Share your favourites....

Post by erl72 »

I simply can't take any more wizzard/slade/mariah carey or the cheeky girls have a cheeky bloody christmas :? Can't face the Christmas CDs in the car as well as everywhere else so now I've got a CD/DVD writer on my PC I've been on the hunt for new stuff to listen to.

Borrowed my sisters portable hard drive thingy with all her music on and must confess since she's 13 years younger than me I spent half the time going "who the hell are they?" :lol: When I said it about Our Lady Peace she told me they're amazing and as an aside the lead singer's totally gorgeous! So I listened and now I'm hooked. They're a Canadian band, been around for years and they never ever seem to get played on the music channels over here - and yes, the lead singer is quite possibly one of the most beautiful men ever to walk the earth although I don't suppose any of you chaps would notice :lol: :oops:

This is my fav song of theirs on youtube.... if I were to liken them to anyone I'd say if you like U2 or Simple Minds or maybe the Lost Prophets, you'll probably like these guys. Had this song cranked up proper loud in the car today - fantastic when the guitars cut in on the second verse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovM5KVF06F4

She only discovered them by liking one of their songs which was being used in Smallville and looking them up on the Net.

So the point of this little thread is this . . . . is there a band/singer that you would never have come across ordinarily that you discovered quite by accident or got recommended by someone else that then ended up being one of your favourites? If so, recommend them here and share the wealth.....there's gotta be some wide and varied music tastes with everyone here so we should have a good cross section

:D :D
Eddi :D 1990 Passat GT 2.0 16v (clickable sig)

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login